Heartsaver® CPR "C" + AED
The Heartsaver® CPR AED Level C course is geared for everyday Canadians. This video-based, instructor-led course teaches how to recognize cardiac arrest, get emergency care on its way quickly and provide help until someone with more advanced training arrives to take over. You’ll get hands-on practice in performing high-quality CPR, using an AED, relieving choking and giving mouth-to-mouth breaths or breaths with a mask.
The course is approved by the Yukon WCB as workplace compliant.
Heart & Stroke courses offer
- The latest resuscitation science and adult-learning techniques, from Canada’s leading expert in resuscitation science and education
- Realistic scenarios, simulations and animations depicting rescuers, teams and patients
- Course and content flexibility for Heart & Stroke instructors and students, including adaptability to local protocols
- Upon successful completion, a completion card valid for 12 months
Total course duration: 5 hours
All of our CPR C courses include the management and treatment of acute opiate ("narcotic") overdose.
The Tundra Med Difference
What sets us aside from other CPR instructors? Tundra Medical Resources CPR instructors are specifically chosen for their experience in the field. All instructors have extensive Critical Care backgrounds and have performed CPR/BLS many times in the clinical setting, allowing us to give you the most realistic and informative training possible.
The Heartsaver® CPR AED (C) course focuses on what you need to know to perform high-quality CPR and use an AED effectively. You will also learn how to respond to choking emergencies. Course contents and outcomes include:
- How high-quality CPR improves survival
- The concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognizing when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult, child and infant
- How to perform CPR with the help of others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask, for all age groups
- How to use an AED on an adult and child
- When and how to help a choking adult, child and infant
When you have successfully completed the course, we will send you an email that provides you with access to your Heartsaver® CPR AED (C) eCard. You can directly access, download and print your card. A printed course completion card from Heart and Stroke Foundation is available for an additional fee.
All Heart and Stroke Foundation Heartsaver® completion cards are valid for 1 year from the date of successful course completion.
Students are encouraged to review the course learning materials prior to the course date. Workbooks are included in your course, and are available for pick up in the two weeks prior to your course. eBooks can be purchased from the HSF store here.
Only Heart & Stroke branded Heartsaver materials are accepted for use in courses where a Heart & Stroke Foundation Heartsaver completion card is issued.
Heartsaver® CPR AED Student Workbook – in print (RE1110E) or eBook (RE1110ED)
Successful completion with certification is based on demonstrated proficiency with practical skills, and a successful grade on a final written exam. Tundra Medical Resources is committed to making reasonable accommodation to any student with special needs.